[thelist] percents or pixels?

Andrew Gianni andrew at newkenmore.com
Tue Mar 19 11:40:01 CST 2002

I usually reserve pixel specification for design elements (navigation, tag
lines in headers etc) and leave content text alone. The way I justify it is
that I would probably otherwise use an image. However, Mark's comments about
NN 6.x and IE5+ for the mac's lack of respect for px specifications holds
true (although I don't find IE6 doing that). If only we could say things
like font-size:4 (in the 1-6 scale). There are a number of things about the
way CSS was defined that drive me nuts (like the fact that the background
color attribute is "background" while in HTML this indicates the background
image).

Andrew