[thelist] doctype question

Michael Efford efford at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 20 07:11:01 CST 2002

Hi all,

I am redeveloping a site that has been written in XHTML and have found that
because it isn't validating, the layout (a huge nested table nightmare)
isn't working in Netscape 6 and Mozilla.

Most of site does validate as XHTML (I have used <br /> etc..) but because I
am running out of time on the project I just want to make it all work. If I
change the doctype to Transitional HTML then it does. So my question is...
is there any problem using XHTML tags in a standard Transitional HTML
document?  There doesn't seem to be so far but I thought I had better check.

Thanks,