[thelist] Receving HTML email

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Thu Mar 21 04:50:01 CST 2002

Sure! A company I used to work for recently posted this article regarding
their investigations into the use of HTML email
http://www.bluewave.com/about_us/wavelength/mn_wave_natasha_barnett.html

Amongst their finding were that many large companies block all HTML
formatted email at the server, which sent back no error message to the
sending company. The mail in effect just disappeared and no-one was the
wiser. If the majority of your clients are corporates then this would appear
to be a potential problem.

I think it's interesting reading.

.steve

----------------------------------
   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net
 Cookstour - http://cookstour.org

<SNIP>
>  I'm just trying to get a general idea
> of how many
> people will be unable to see the HTML version if it's sent
> out.  Most of my
> client's customers are accounting contractors and consultants
> so they would
> probably be fairly net savvy, but not overly so.

<SNIP>