[thelist] Need ammunitions

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Thu Mar 21 08:20:01 CST 2002

<snip>
http://www.tilling.com.au/new/tillHome.htm

Comments in layman's terms would be appreciated too.
</snip>

On http://www.tilling.com.au/new/smartframe/smrtTechsearch.htm you can click
on each of the large round nav buttons, but nothing changes until you get to
'Tech Support', then nothing changes again until you click on 'Tech Search'.
I know that menu items  pop-up above these as you scroll over them, but it
is not entirely intuitive. This action (or inaction) appears to be the same
on other pages even within other sections.

Code bloat. Fails the "7 second rule" on a 28.8k connection. Heck, some
pages are slow to load over a T1. This is a major faux pas', IMHO, for a
corporate site that is trying to sell products apparently to building
contractors, (I happen to be familiar with some of the products, I watch
This Old House & Bob Vila's Home Again :) ), which could possibly be dialing
in from field locations where connection speeds are less than optimal.

Why use CSS and FONT tags? (Department of Rendundancy Department)

Once your are in one of the sections, such as TillCote or SmartFrame, there
is no way to navigate to the Tilling home page that I could find easily.
There is no way to go from one section to another easily..say from
SmartFrame to TillCote.

This is just a few quickies. I'll give a look again later when I can spend a
little more time.

Jay