[thelist] Need ammunitions

Jane Williams jane at williams.nildram.co.uk
Thu Mar 21 10:03:00 CST 2002

Nicole Parrot <nicole at parrot.ca> wrote :
> The site has been designed for a Windows platform, IE browser and a
> resolution of 1024x768 (cause that's what the client has on his desk)  If
> you have that, then the site will be fine, mostly.

That's what I've got: and I have to scroll down to see the text at the bottom. They *did* leave room for the toolbars, didn't they? (Standard, address, links, and status, but not radio, in my case).

Pure laymans comments:

The links from the big round buttons only seem to work for two of them (contact and search). The drop-down menu from the other ones works OK, but the main button itself doesn't.

Great big pictures and very tiny text is not my idea of a fun interface :( Too slow, too hard to read, too hard to navigate. If I was trying to find somewhere to buy wood flooring, I'd do a quick Google search, then load up the most promising-looking three sites: all at once, down a home connection. First one to load gets looked at first.
(The winner, incidentally, is here:
http://www.brucehardwoodfloors.com/resbrucewoodna/
)