[thelist] Interesting printing 'features'

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Thu Mar 21 11:44:00 CST 2002

When you print pages from a browser you always get 4 things printed...

(1st line of printed page)
   <title> information (aligned left)
   Page n of x (aligned right)
(last line of printed page)
   URL of the printed page (aligned left)
   date page printed (aligned right)

Can this information be suppressed so that it will not be printed? I am
working on a web based application that delivers certain reports, and while
we would all like to believe in the "paperless office" model, these reports
will be printed frequently. The end-users find that the information above an
"annoyance" and would prefer if I could find a way to eliminate those items
from the printed report.

Now, I do know that you can go into most browser's Page Setup function and
remove the Header & Footer information, but is there a way, either using
PHP, or CSS to programmatically set this up on a page by page basis so that
the user does not have to change preferences?

TIA!

Jay