[thelist] JS: Preload images problem

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Thu Mar 21 18:55:01 CST 2002

> You should see the crap that I talked her out of.

heh, good one

<tip type="form versus function">

The Myths of Structural Markup
Jorn Barger 30 September 1998
http://robotwisdom.com/web/structure.html

what caught my eye, of course, was the disdain implicit in the phrasing "an
extremist faction of the cult even insists that these [H1-H6] tags be used
in sequence, never skipping a level..."

;o)

some of you may recognize the url as belonging to the "robot wisdom"
weblog, but there's way more than the weblog on his site

i don't like the way he creates link text, but at least he has a rational
explanation for making his link text as small as possible -- i prefer to
use the TITLE of the target, for consistency, and to help the search
engines

his navigation, frankly, sucks

but there's a wealth of info and the guy is definitely worth reading

for example, see this recent post --

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=16e613ec.0203170345.4f23b9a4%40posting
.google.com

normally, when i read stratospheric (way over my head) stuff like that, i
have mixed feelings -- envy, for people with obviously more brainpower than
i have, and suspicion, that they're talking rubbish (emperor's clothes
syndrome)

in the case of robot wisdom, i think the guy is for real

</tip>

rudy