[thelist] preload problem in NN6.2

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 22 02:10:01 CST 2002

>Any idea why NN6.2 loads images so slowly with the script below? (Seems
>fine with IE5.5)  http://www.huntacpa.com/

Not really, except that NN6 is generally very slow when preloading images.
Every time I try to define a general rule for this bug, it turns out not to
be a general rule after all.

Take a look at http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?newmouseover.html,
you'll see two bunches of mouseover-images, one inside links and one without
links. On my NN6 at home the mouseovers on the pure images work
significantly faster than those on images inside links, but at work I don't
see this difference.

What do you see? Do the images without links behave smoother than those with
links? Or not?

ppk