[thelist] Log Analizers

matthew garrett matthew.garrett at snet.net
Fri Mar 22 09:47:01 CST 2002

> From: "James Q. Stansfield" <jqs at iridani.net>

> While we're on the subject, has anyone had any good news about
> http://www.deepmetrix.com/ 's LiveStats product? We have it installed here and
> find it has more than a few problmes when dealing with large traffic websites.

Several of the hosting providers I use offer LiveStats. It's great - if slow
- when it works, but there are often problems with it from what I can tell.
I've got a couple of clients with sites on Hostcentric, and they seem to
have given up on getting livestats to work for those sites. Don't know if
it's an across-the-board thing.

I was looking at some reports last night on version 6 wishing that it relied
less on Java and more on simple html. It seems very resource intensive (on
the server and the browser).

no hands on experience with setting up the product though.

matt g