[thelist] how to set up a mailing list

BT Bigpant bigpant at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 22 10:35:01 CST 2002

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the advice, but I'm not quite there yet.

I have been digging into this on my work's web server (externally hosted),
and I have exhausted the support desk knowledge trying to achieve what you
suggest, as well as losing my marbles searching for clues about sendmail
(which I have no knowledge of).

The problem is that I don't have root access, so I can't get down to
etc/aliases. There is, however, a directory named 'Mail' in the lowest
directory I have access to (a sibling of public_html script directory).
Although the support staff swear blind this is not created as a default, it
appears on all our clients' script space, and it contains a file called
'context' (no file extension), which contains 'Current-Folder: inbox'.

Is this the alias file that I need to be hacking ..er modifying? I just want
to be sure before I screw up my works mail service !

TIA
Phil