[thelist] quick ie6 test

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 24 00:05:01 CST 2002

> From: "warbassedesign.com" <info at warbassedesign.com>
>
> I love the nav on http://www.youngpup.net.  The dial approach is
> unique.  I wonder how you could do that outside of using Flash.
> Anyway....nice.  Any kind of different nav is cool.  I am always
> searching for new yet functional ways of getting around a site.

3 years ago i made one of those using DHTML... had the audio, allowed you
to click (though not drag) the dial or the text links, was pretty lean... in the
end, however, it seemed to only slow users down, many browsers (3 years
ago) chunked through the JS, and i decided it was too darn inefficient... so
like a snake losing its legs, the evolved remnants still sit at http://roselli.org/...
 i even had to make 'off' do nothing since so many people complained about
all the different tricks i used to stuff in there...

thinking maybe i'll play with it again soon...

> FYI - It is Saturday night in Phoenix.  It's 70 degrees out and I'm
> going out to grab a pint! Take 'er easy ALL.  Have a good weekend.

just got back from Blade II... it was better than the coconut creme pie at tim
horton's...