[thelist] targeting effectively (was: navigation through form posting)

George Klingenhoffer georgeklingenhoffer at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 24 17:33:01 CST 2002

> WHY? Why must it? I fail to see why a site should cater to all users as
> opposed to their target audience and target devices. That's the point of
> market research, branding, and audience development. To target a
> sector(s)

What about people who are in your 'target audience' who may have an interest
in your company, be it investing in your company, purchasing from your
company, or purchasing services from your company, but who use Netscape 4
with javascript turned off by mistake.  You've just lost a potential
customer; they'd rather do business with a company who's saavy with the web.

It just looks bad when your entire site is not navigable because you can't
click on the menu items.  They don't know that it looks great in IE6...