[thelist] Beware of the following "Web Site"

Dayn Riegel <evolt@jointhe.net> thelist at lists.evolt.org
Sun Mar 24 20:38:00 CST 2002

http://66.118.154.9/webtech/

I rec'd an email trying to sell me on the Secrets of Web Design, or
some other such nonsense.

Well, on a complete whim I went to the site, to find that neither
the Domain Name from the email sent to me -- graphic-designer.com --
nor the Domain Name itself were legit.

Notice also that on the "Secure Order Form" they have the little
Padlock symbols but not https:// .

Sorry for the OT post -- just felt if I was getting this SPAM others
were and just wanted to warn all I could.

I've tried to find who hosts the site and to try and get them to shut
these criminals off, but so far no luck in getting an answer back.

If you find I'm not correct and this is a "legit" site then I apologize,
just don't look right to me. ;)

Cheers!

-_- D.
As always, my posts are at: http://www.nyadinc.com/evolt/