[thelist] targeting effectively

Eike Pierstorff eike.p at t-online.de
Mon Mar 25 14:26:01 CST 2002

> 3. and how a company that is not registered in zimbabwe can
> be sued under
> zimbabwe's laws regulating the internet (sorry to pick on
> zimbabwe, but
> first non-US country to come to mind)

voteauction.com (an austrian site) was deleted from the dns root server
following a decision of an american court. Auction sites like Ebay are
no longer allowed to sell swasticas and german Wehrmacht-uniforms in
France (and they have to make sure that nobody can access such offers).
American Nazi Gary Lauck was sued in Germay for (amongst other things)
running an anti-semitic website (which was (and I think still is) hosted
in the US).

-- eike

eike pierstorff
eike.p at t-online.de

"The gods do not protect fools. Fools are protected by more capable
fools."
(Larry Niven)