[thelist] E-mail attachments in ASP

Jason Lustig lustig at acsu.buffalo.edu
Mon Mar 25 19:49:01 CST 2002

Hi everyone...

I hope everyone is well, I have a question. :)

Basically, what I want to do is have people be able to send in submissions
for a literary magazine through a web form. And the way that they'd be able
to send in their submission itself (besides their name, the title of the
piece, etc) is to send the file through an input form (type="file"), and
then it would be attached to an email that would be sent to the editor. I
don't know how to do this, and the problem is that I need to do it in ASP
too... :( I'd be using the SMTPsvg.Mailer class... basically, there are two
questions involved:

1. How do I get the SMTPsvg.Mailer class to send something as an attachment
to the email?

2. How do I get the uploaded file to get itself attached to the email? I
don't want to put it on the server or anything, just sent along to the
magazine's editor...

Thanks in advance for everyone's help! :D

--Jason