[thelist] targeting K-12 effectively

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 25 20:59:01 CST 2002

> From: Keith <cache at dowebscentral.com>
>
> His response began with, "Where the hell do you people come up with
> this nonsense". Unbelieving, I then contacted two teachers in that
> state, they basically confirmed what he'd said. So that's my question,
> "Where the hell DO we come up with this nonsense?". Does anyone have
> any real, current, nationwide statistics? The state I'm talking with
> is in the top 20% for lunatics per capita too... (just from personal
> observation ya understand...)

i've not made any assumptions on the national numbers, but i know for a fact
that there are a lot of local public schools in the city that do not reflect these
numbers...

old machines, old browsers, donated equipment, no IT staff at all, etc...  the
numbers for those schools are *way* below what you suggest above, although
the state-wide numbers might not show it...

this information comes from experience when my company donated internet
access and hardware to the school system...