[thelist] ASP - Teaching Guides

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Tue Mar 26 01:43:00 CST 2002

Message from Luther, Ron (3/25/2002 03:56 PM)
>Hi Ryan,
>
>Last week I got a copy of the SAMS 'ASP in 24 hours' book, (given to me
>at a training class).  I was pleasantly surprised.  I had kind of
>disdained the "xxx in 24 hours" series -- but this book is actually
>pretty good, and again, aimed at beginner folks.

+1 on the SAMS book. I've applied aspects of it in successfully teaching
very basic ASP. Important to note that it is a beginner level book, and
doesn't cover some intermediate to advanced level work.

I've found that a SAMS '24 sessions'-type book combined with an O'Reilly
'Definitive Guide' book to be a good pairing.

regards.
-marc