[thelist] two few CF formatting function ?'s

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Tue Mar 26 08:28:01 CST 2002

Well, I was about ready to tell you you were crazy, but for the life of
me I had issues making it work.

StripCR ONLY removes the \r char, or Chr(13). The example code uses both
Chr(10) and Chr(13), so, on display, you still see line breaks.

So, um, not that I would say StripCR has issues ... but if you want to
remove ALL new line type codes, I'd use:

<cfset a = replace(a,chr(13),"13","all")>
<cfset a = replace(a,chr(10),"10","all")>

-Raymond Camden

http://members.evolt.org/gozz/stripcr.cfm

>  > What's the best way to escape special characters entered into  >
> forms? A RegEx? What is it?
>
>cflib.org.

Cool - thanks.