[thelist] Netscape 4 is insane

Jon Hall jonhall at ozline.net
Tue Mar 26 09:45:00 CST 2002

Ok, check this out. While I would love for someone to tell me why Netscape
is doing this.
http://216.136.31.164/layer.html
http://216.136.31.164/layer2.html

In the first one, the show/hide "content2" links do not work. If you look at
NS4's javascript debugger, it is complaining that the content2 layer does
not exist.
In the second one, everything works wonderfully.

Anyone would be hard pressed to find the difference between the html, so
I'll tell you. On Line 56 there is a td with an inline style declaration of
"color: Black". That's it! Remove that stupid style attribute and the
content2 layers all of the sudden exists again. Told you it was insane.

Anyway, this problem is affecting a more complex page that I am working on,
but the problem there isn't a style declaration, but I believe there is a
root cause... I cut down the larger page into these smaller ones in hopes
that either isolating the problem would help me figure it out,  but, it
hasn't :(

Does anyone know what is going on?