[thelist] targeting effectively

John Handelaar genghis at members.evolt.org
Tue Mar 26 11:27:00 CST 2002

Red herring.

1.  Sydney Organising Committee received public funds but was
    not a government entity.  Looks like what UK people would
    call a QUANGO (quasi-nongovernmental organisation). Dunno
    whether the term is in use abroad.

2.  Under the Australian Disability Discrimination Act 1992
    there are no distinctions drawn between public and private
    anyway.

This hang-up you seem to be having about the difference between
public- and private-sector organisations may stem from an
inability to consider the fact that out of ~6 billion people
in the world, ~5.8 billion of them don't live in the United
States.

For a detailed explanation of the Sydney proceedings, which
evidently you've never read, I suggest you have a look at
this summary...

http://scaleplus.law.gov.au/html/ddadec/0/2000/0/DD000120.htm

...and look particularly at section 2.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com