[thelist] targeting effectively

PB&J pb-j at attbi.com
Tue Mar 26 11:33:01 CST 2002

Ben Dyer

> <sarcasm>
> So, it restricts what you do and it's more difficult to implement (not your
> goals), so fuck em?
> </sarcasm>
>
> This is what you mean then, yes?

Correct.

> <sarcasm>
> Well sucks to be blind or have low vision, so, oh well, guess I shouldn't
> try to help them.
> </sarcasm>
>
> This is what you mean then, yes?

Basically - yes.

The fact that you wish to carry water for each and every handicapped
person/cause on the face of the earth is certainly admirable - as long as it
doesn't involve me or interfere with my life.

> Ah yes, of course, the internet is full of nothing but pretty pictures.  A
> blind person would, of course, never need location information, contact
> information, etc.

So prior to 1995 or so when the WWW became a major outlet of information,
pictures, sounds, whatever - blind/visually impaired people had no access to
information, contact information, whatever?

Are you really this stupid or is this just an act?

> I'm not saying that, I'm saying wantonly ignoring accessibility standards
> because they conflict with your pretty pictures.

Accessibility standards set by an organization which is made of of
representatives from 504 companies/organizations of which ONLY 18 have
re-created their own web sites to comply with these 'standards' - pure
comedy.

And so typical of this goofy mindset - do as I say not as I do.

Need a hankie?

> Yeah, who needs ethics, they just get in my way.

There you go again - doing your typical and expected gas-bag schtick.

Ethics? About coding a friggin' web site? Lucid and concrete thinking set
aside this morning in your world?

Seriously - are you getting enough whole grains in your daily dietary
regimen? Are you washing off the fruits and vegetables prior to consumption?

Might wanna give that paradigm a whirl, eh?

> That is singularly the most bigoted, intolerant sentence I've read in some
> time.  I love when people prove my points merely by responding.  "I have
> nothing against you, but because your disability prevents me from being
> really lazy, I don't like you."

I'm not responsible for each and every little incident of real and/or
perceived slighting to this group or that group - but the fact that it has
your panties all bunched up is certainly entertaining.

> And when is there a good excuse for pure disregard for accessibility?

Who needs an 'excuse' to do anything/whatever they want on the web? Or will
we need to be checking in with some organization in Switzerland each and
every time we write a line of code?

Interesting goal/mindset.

Kinda like "Vote Republican - It's Easier Than Thinking!"

> Thanks for sharing.

> Tip coming.

Okay - Blue Boy in the 5th at Belmont next July 10.

You're welcome.