[thelist] .eu domain

hotmail lawcom at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 26 11:35:09 CST 2002

Matt

It's simply another Tld, so companies selling europe wide are not handcapped
by a national Tld tag ?

Personally it's just another money making scam to get more mileage out of
domain names !!!

And as someone who collects them the thought of having to cover another area
is just a pain in the butt and the bank balance.....

Thankfully I just sold ballet rambert.co.uk so my other 60 odd are covered
for a few years, but not the point.... it takes the fun out of
cyber-squatting !!!!

Does anyone know how the new .eu doman name will work? I've heard that
it will "complement" the already existing country domains, like .fr, .ch
etc., but what does that mean? will it be .co.ch.eu or something?

.matt