[thelist] web/email hosting with hosted email lists

Robin Hastings robin at rhastings.net
Tue Mar 26 15:52:01 CST 2002

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 01:39:25PM -0800, Andrew Gianni wrote:
> I have a client that is looking for web/email hosting (must be PHP/MySQL)
> that also includes hosted email lists (majordomo, listserv, etc) because
> they want those messages to be branded with their domain name. So far
> dreamhost (http://www.dreamhost.com) looks like it has a pretty good service
> for about $20/month. Any thoughts on Dreamhost or other companies that offer
> similar service?
> Andrew

I have an account with Actadivina (http://www.actadivina.com) that
offers just about everything under the sun for just under $10 a month
(US$). It offers PHP/MySQL/PostgreSQL/Sybase as well as a new feature
that automates mailing lists. Unlimited domain names (but they all have
to be owned by the same person - not good for reselling!) and very nice
people at the other end of the email! They had a few availability issues
a couple of months ago, but I haven't seen a problem with them since.
They are a Canadian company so their prices are really quite nice for
Americans!!

Robin Hastings
http://www.rhastings.net
robin at rhastings.net