[thelist] Re: Search Engine Hell

Jack Hand jackhand at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 26 17:50:01 CST 2002

  This is a tip.  About Google.  Actually, Google will list a site
directly.  I have a site on Tripod, with no other websites
referencing me.  And, I got listed on Tripod.  Granted, I was not
at the top (about #25).  Then, I experimented and had my secondary
pages reference back to the main page.  Well, guess what.  I am
now listed as number 2 by Google.

  Want proof ?

  Go to Google.  Search on 'jack hand'.  You will see me as #2.

  I am not in the top 10 in Yahoo, using a search for 'jack hand'.  However,
if you search for 'jack hand adabas', I am #1 in Yahoo.

  Check out my source code.  Just simple HTML.

  Jack