[thelist] Inserting a non breaking space in an empty cell?

Michael Galvin mgalvin at sourcevisualthinking.ie
Wed Mar 27 10:40:01 CST 2002

Does anybody know if <td...></td> is 'invalid' code or not?  Does it break
down in certain browsers?  In most cases, I don't know how wide the cell is
going to be, so I can't use a specific-width spacer image.  I'd like to just
set it so that the cell 'grabs' whatever is left of a 100% wide table, be it
3px or 300px.  If I put a &nbsp; in the middle of the <td></td>, and it
turns out to be 3px wide, my table gets messed up.

Is there any other solution?

--
Michael Galvin
source visual thinking