[thelist] Inserting a non breaking space in an empty cell?

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Wed Mar 27 11:03:10 CST 2002

> Does anybody know if <td...></td> is 'invalid' code or not?

perfectly valid, even in xhtml strict

> Does it break down in certain browsers? In most cases, I don't
> know how wide the cell is going to be, so I can't use a specific-width
> spacer image.  I'd like to just set it so that the cell 'grabs' whatever
is
> left of a 100% wide table, be it 3px or 300px.  If I put a &nbsp; in the
> middle of the <td></td>, and it turns out to be 3px wide, my table gets
> messed up.

hi michael

try <br> instead of &nbsp;

alternatively, your spacer gif, without a specific width

not sure which problem you have -- background colour not showing or table
not liquid -- but the above should solve either

rudy

p.s. ever notice how we end up using short phrases that sound *exactly*
like the names of the videos the studio audience votes on at the end of
America's Funniest Videos -- table not liquid, rabbit want pointer...