[thelist] Ryan, 4of4 - Re: thelist digest, Vol 1 #2160 - 35 msgs

Scott Glasgow paladin at fuse.net
Wed Mar 27 11:50:00 CST 2002

Hi, Ryan. Just out of curiosity, are you related to Seven of Nine? (Sorry,
couldn't resist. ;-)

Anyway, I made a quick visit to the site. I didn't follow every link, but
for the ones I did follow, the QT movies ran as expected. However, the "See
For Yourself" tab led to an error page after some time, "Action Cancelled"
(despite having "Show friendly error messages" turned off--damned IE). Also,
on the link page, you (?) have a link labeled "Mens Ware." Having been
elsewhere on the site, I was hip to the fact that the intention was "Men's
Wearhouse." If I had not been, the reference would have been somewhat
ambiguous. First, you need a possessive there; as far as I am aware, there
is no English-language dialect in which "mens" is a word, although we have
adopted a couple of Latin phrases in which "mens" refers to the mind.
Second, although "Men's Wearhouse" is indeed a play on the word "warehouse"
(or, at least, so I take it), "Men's Ware" [possessive added] conjures
questions of "Hmm . . . ware. Tools, car accessories, stereo equipment,
clothes, . . . ?" Since the link leads to a QT for Men's Wearhouse, perhaps
you should simply spell the link the same way the customer does, eh?

Sorry I didn't have more time to look around, but there's a start, anyway.

Cheers,
Scott