[thelist] targeting effectively

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Mar 27 20:10:08 CST 2002

At 11:40 PM 3/27/2002, aardvark wrote:
> > It's been suggested that I could be held liable for making an
> > inaccessible website ... seems I'm covered by paragraph 8:
>[...]
>
>while that is well-worded (and potentially scary to prospects), it doesn't
>*truly*
>protect you...

Damn right it's scary.

Hey, if I were hiring a consultant or company to do some work for me and
the terms of the contract essentially said that I couldn't pull them up for
the quality of their work, I would show them the door in 2 seconds - or
less. Kinda makes requirement specifications, signoffs, etc. meaningless,
doesn't it.

"Yes, I know you decided upon the blue and grey colour scheme, Mr. Brown,
but we decided to stick to the purple and teal one. Please see clause 8 of
our contract..."

Just because it appears on software shrink-wrap licences doesn't mean
people will accept it everywhere. Any decent lawyer would jump all over
that liability clause.

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant