[thelist] Creating Gradients with CSS or HTML

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Thu Mar 28 10:36:00 CST 2002

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Bob Boisvert wrote:

> Can a gradient effect be created through CSS or HTML programming?.  I would
> like to create a gradient colored (white to black or other color) table
> through CSS if possible to cut down on graphic content (.jpg, .gif)

You can do some things with IE/Win's filters, though they aren't really
ready for prime time (in IE5.5/4-compatible at least) and are driven by
ActiveX IIRC.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/
Web Dev. > SDK Documentation > Filters

(?)

> Is this possible?.

Within the limitations referred to above, yes.

If you want to hack more broadly available FX, DHTML will need to be
called upon.

--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large              Managing Editor
persist1 at io.com                  bmh at digital-web.com
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."