[thelist] RE: Accessibility articles?

Alderson, Russ russ.alderson at Circle.com
Thu Mar 28 12:18:00 CST 2002

flavia, yes creating an entire site in images is a bit over the top.
maintaining such a site would be a real headache. below is the w3c checklist
for accessibility issues. also you can download a trial version of IBM
Homepage Reader from the IBM.com site. This is good for checking to see if
the information can be read by the browser.

http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/full-checklist.html
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/hpr.html

---------------------------------

Hi,

I am trying to compound a list of articles about accessibility to post
on another list I subscribe to.
On a post there someone mentioned that a friend (award winning designer)
had told her to stop wasting time coding in notepad and start creating
pages in Photoshop. Someone else agreed with that and mentioned that
creating images and slicing could also be done in PSP.
I would like to point that creating image-only sites will hurt SE
placement and also be incompatible with the accessibility rules.
I can understand the use of images in splash pages but to create the
entire site in images?
Am I going nuts?
--
Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC)