[thelist] What's with this blog thing, anyway?

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Thu Mar 28 16:18:01 CST 2002

> Now people are finally starting to look at the
> other side
> of the internet coin (as opposed to e-commerce). The internet is a tool
> that improves communication, and blogs are just another way to get
> information on the web.

This has been my suspicion as well. I'd love to think that since the
internet has been discovered to not be an e-commerce gold mine, now we might
use it for what it was intended to be used for...communication. I actually
do think the blog thing is an indicator of this. If I use my wife as an
example again, she was happy to shop online here and there, but since she
found out our family and friends around the globe are checking her blog
daily for new pics of the kids, I can't keep her away from the damn thing.
She has a running list of improvements I'm supposed to make to the thing.

Anyway, interesting to know that others have observed this phenomenon as
well.

Do you think it will last?

BH