[thelist] Problems with parsing. (Apache)

Samir M. Nassar nassarsa at redconcepts.net
Sun Mar 31 15:02:01 CST 2002

I am having a problem with Apache parsing my files correctly.

This is what I get on my UA:

<snip>
Parse error:  parse error in
/home/virtual/site70/fst/var/www/html/index.html on line 5
</snip>

Line 5 refers to:

<snip>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
</snip>

According to my host they set Apache <? ... ?> as PHP within a HTML
file. So when my little snippet shows up it chokes.

I can remove the offending bone, but that throws up a flag when I want
the pages to validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict.

He said he is working on a workaround, and mentioned the .htaccess file,
but he has no solution.

Are you guys able to help?

Samir M. Nassar - nassarsa at redconcepts.net
RedConcepts.NET - Open Source, Public Service
'Open Source, Open Systems, Open Borders, Open Minds'
Fingerprint = 4D04 E209 3FE5 DA25 A873 DD79 BD77 4511 BB2B AB9F