[thelist] targeting effectively

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Apr 1 00:35:07 CST 2002

The point I posted has to do with Warantees and Liability. It has
nothing to do with ensuring the work conforms to the Project
Description, that's covered elsewhere. It just states that after the
client accept delivery, they assume full responsibility for the use
or inability to use the website, except in the case that it's found
it does not comply with the Project Description - which again is
covered elsewhere.

Don't be so haughty!

At 12:57 AM +0530 3/28/02, Madhu Menon wrote:
>Damn right it's scary.
>
>Hey, if I were hiring a consultant or company to do some work for me and
>the terms of the contract essentially said that I couldn't pull them up for
>the quality of their work, I would show them the door in 2 seconds - or
>less. Kinda makes requirement specifications, signoffs, etc. meaningless,
>doesn't it.
>
>"Yes, I know you decided upon the blue and grey colour scheme, Mr. Brown,
>but we decided to stick to the purple and teal one. Please see clause 8 of
>our contract..."
>
>Just because it appears on software shrink-wrap licences doesn't mean
>people will accept it everywhere. Any decent lawyer would jump all over
>that liability clause.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/