[thelist] table width percentages in Netscape 6.1

Joel Canfield Joel at spinhead.com
Mon Apr 1 01:26:01 CST 2002

Working on my redesign, and Netscape 6.1 (Win2K) seems to completely ignore
table and td width declarations in percentages. Is this a known bug? Is
there a workaround? (I've read Jay Aylard's article "Does Netscape 6 Break
Your Table Layouts?" but nothing seemed to match the circs.)

and later on

The table squishes down to the narrowest width possible. Works fine in IE6,
Opera 5 & 6, Mozilla .9something, and even, wonder of wonders, Netscape
4.73.

tenks

joel