[thelist] To Mark-Up Or Not To Mark-Up

Burhan Khalid burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
Mon Apr 1 13:02:09 CST 2002

[ snip ]

><-- begin example -->
>
>Monkeys really like the following things:
>
><ul>
><li>bananas</li>
><li>grubs</li>
><li>homesite</li>
></ul>
>
><-- end example -->
>
>Would you mark-up the first sentence in <p> tags are leave it alone?

[ /snip ]

Well, it all depends if you need that sentence to be formatted. After all,
markup by definition is just a change in the way a piece of information is
displayed. So, if you could care less what font the certain sentence was,
you could leave without any tags, and browsers would display it using their
own internal settings. I have no clue as to if this is valid code (W3.org)
or not, but it does work (the intended page would be displayed without
errors, assuming that's all you have in it).

Off to lunch,
Burhan Khalid