[thelist] mozilla and NS6.2 hang on start-up

Richard Bennett richard.b at gritechnologies.com
Mon Apr 1 15:33:01 CST 2002

Hi all,

Until recently I was using Mozilla on win2000  to test sites with. I had
downloaded a build without installer, and just run the exe file from the
bin/ directory. This worked fine.
To try Mozilla 0.9 (I think it was) I downloaded the talkback-enabled
version with installer. This ran ok for three days, but now it hangs on
start-up, showing the splash-screen, and loading ram (up to 100mb).
So I uninstalled it, but my old version won't work either now. I tried
NS6.2, with the same result.
I went through the registry deleting all references to mozilla - all to no
avail.

Google shows a couple of links, but nothing that helped.
Any ideas?

Thanks.
Richard.