[thelist] Auto thumbnail gallery setup

John Corry webshot at members.evolt.org
Tue Apr 2 00:37:01 CST 2002

Comments suggest that my recent article on using photoshop for just such a
purpose was well received by web newbies :
<http://www.evolt.org/article/Using_Photoshop_Actions_to_Prepare_Web_Photos/
22/22715/index.html>

Of course, I didn't really go into what you *do* with the photos once you've
optimized and thumnailized them. My preference is to use PHP to read the
contents of my thumbnail directory and based on its contents, write img tags
for the thumbnails with links to the larger image.

A fairly comprehensive PHP app to support multiple photos pages from
multiple users would not be too difficult to put together.

> We don¹t want to go with a server site script for this,

If you change your mind, I know of one that is pretty bitchin'
http://gallery.sourceforge.net

John