[thelist] table width percentages in Netscape 6.1

Joel Canfield Joel at spinhead.com
Tue Apr 2 09:36:00 CST 2002

>> >this a known
>> >
>> >Check the DOCTYPE --- XHTML 1.0 Strict doesn't allow a width
>> >declaration for table cells.
>> >
>> >Regards
>> >Mark Howells
>> ><http://www.mark.ac/evl/>
>> >

>>Any issues with this one?
>>
>><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
>>    "http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd">
>>
>>joel
>
>Have you tried XHTML transitional?
>
><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
>     "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

>Warmly,
>Shirley

Didn't solve the problem, but it got me to upgrade the whole project to
xhtml :)

http://spinhead.com/new/whatyo.html

Any ideas at all why NN6.1 on PC would ignore the table and td width
percentages? All works as expected in IE6, NN4.73, Opera 5 & 6 on PC, IE5 &
NN6 on Mac.

Thanks again for any suggestions.

joel