[thelist] Mac simulation on PC / site check please - Mac user's

Peter Loron peterl at standingwave.org
Tue Apr 2 12:05:01 CST 2002

Macs these days use USB peripherals only. They work fine with a USB KVM
switch. Before that, they used ADB (Apple Desktop Bus) keyboards and
mice. They used a similar looking connector, but the protocol is way
different. You can't use serial PC keyboards and mice on older Macs.

If you're seriously space constrianed, get a iBook and upgrade your
existing keyboard and mouse to USB. They current iBooks (given > 256MB
ram) will run OS X quite nicely.

-Pete