[thelist] Reminding a customer

Janet Green JGreen at desmoinesmetro.com
Tue Apr 2 12:37:24 CST 2002

>>>How do you remind your customers that there is a bill
to pay, . . . in a nice manner :-)

Sasa,
NEVER EVER agree to build a site without agreeing on payment price, method, etc. If you *have* done that, call your client and say, "I'm glad you're happy with the website and would like to issue an invoice so I can close out this project. The value of the work is $x so I'll be sending an invoice in that amount."

Do NOT give make it sound like you're open to negotiation with this statement, but be prepared to listen and negotiate if they make a counter offer. (This should have all been established before any work was done, so you're kind of at their mercy now.)

Good luck.
Janet