[thelist] site check please - http://www.stemofficial.co.uk

Dave Stevens stem at stemofficial.co.uk
Tue Apr 2 19:12:01 CST 2002

Brad Dobyns wrote:
> I think the site looks good. A couple of things:
>
> 1) In the [visual] section, whenever I click on an image to see a larger
> version, I get an error, "Parse error: parse error in
> /home/sites/site64/web/sections/visual/gallery/showimage.php on line 1";
Yup, all fixed now, found this out today. Yesterday I was messing around
with it, trying to make it all xhtml compliant, put in the <?xml version
1.0?> tag (The one with the charset and all) and of course the parser
thought it was PHP and threw it up. So I took it out as the W3C
recommendations stated it was optional (but encouraged).

On this note, is there anyway for this declaration and PHP to live
harmoniously??

> 2) The front page table could be made smaller. I found that I still had a little
> scrolling to do even though my resolution was set to 1024x768.
OK, thanks for letting me know.

> 3) When deep inside the site, I found I could never get back to the home page.
> There is no [home] link, but perhaps you don't want to have one.
Decided to leave it out, as its effectively just a space filler - didn't
want to go straight in to news page (in case I can't update/have nothing
to update with), but had to have something - but once they've seen a
small sample of the album cover once, I'd think they would be fine with
not seeing it again :) (Until we try and sell it of course ;))
> Otherwise, site looks great. Keep it up.
Thanks!
Thankyou also to the others that took the time to check over the site!

Dave Stevens