[thelist] site check please - http://www.stemofficial.co.uk

Burhan Khalid burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
Tue Apr 2 22:29:00 CST 2002

My earlier post didn't display correctly (it parsed the html tag), so I am
reposting.

>>1) In the [visual] section, whenever I click on an image to see a larger
>>version, I get an error, "Parse error: parse error in
>>/home/sites/site64/web/sections/visual/gallery/showimage.php on line 1";
>Yup, all fixed now, found this out today. Yesterday I was messing around
>with it, trying to make it all xhtml compliant, put in the <?xml version
>1.0?> tag (The one with the charset and all) and of course the parser
>thought it was PHP and threw it up. So I took it out as the W3C
>recommendations stated it was optional (but encouraged).
>
>On this note, is there anyway for this declaration and PHP to live
>harmoniously??

There is an option in PHP, namely :

; Allow the <? tag.  Otherwise, only <?php and <script> tags are recognized.
short_open_tag = On

If you turn off the short_open_tag, then it will not parse <?xml as php. Of
course, the other
way around that problem is to put the following lines in your html :
"DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
< h t m l xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en" >

hth,
Burhan Khalid