[thelist] Online poll issues

Josh josh at eaccessit.com
Wed Apr 3 07:43:00 CST 2002

>>2) Would it be acceptable to require some kind of login (do your users
>>currently log in to the system at all? NT Credentials are
trappable...)

Ok, now you are on to something.  All students have a Truman id and
password that they use to login to a NT domain (STUDENT).  The computer
that the webserver is on is in the TRUMANNT domain.  I don't know
anything about networking or if there is a way to do this.  If this is
possible I think this would be a bullet proof way to only let people
vote once.

-Josh

>>1) How much does it matter if you get multiple responses? If it's just
a >>fun poll, maybe it's acceptable...

The results of the poll are published in the school news paper.  I guess
it's not that important.  I am motivated to do this because it's fun and
I want to learn more about the topic.

"eAccessit.com" One Stop Solutions for your IT problems