[thelist] Generating XML with ASP

Edward George edward at suppose.co.uk
Wed Apr 3 07:55:01 CST 2002

Generating XML with ASP

I'm generating an XML from a log file pulled from the server,
I've mapped .xml to asp.dll and am scripting from within a *.xml file.
The outputted xml is fully formed, validating xml but explorer refuses
to display the file as it normally would with a straight xml file.
If however I were to write an xml file onto the server with the
generated content and load that back in, Explorer displays it as normal
in the tree diagram way.
I've also set response.contenttype="text/xml" as the first command but
to no avail.

Any ideas why this happens?

Ed, Nottingham UK
ed at suppose.co.uk