[thelist] site check please - http://www.stemofficial.co.uk

sasha sasha at bittersweet2.com
Wed Apr 3 10:14:01 CST 2002

the images look good.  the colors are decent.  the
layout does absolutely nothing for me, though.  black is
rarely done well, and in your case it isnt bad, but isnt
good either.  jump up to a higher res and see what it
looks like.  too much bland open space with nothing
balancing it out.

i also dont like the "if you have javascript, click
here", "if you dont have javascript, click here".  you
use the proper code to degrade gracefully for those who
have it off, you just dont use it quite right.

('javascript.php','whatever'); return false"> (or
whatever you use, mine is slightly different)

the above example would eliminate the need for multiple
links.  dont just leave it up to the users, some just
dont understand or dont want to be bothered with extra
choices (what could i be missing if i dont have
javascript???).

why does the forum need to be in its own pop-up anyway?
it is totally unnecessary.  an extra click that shouldnt
be there.  hmm.. lets go to the forum.  ok, forum page
loads and now we have to click on an extra link to
actually get to the forum!

Christy "sasha" Siepker
http://bittersweet2.com

http://www.stemofficial.co.uk

>Evening all,
>
>Just finished a lengthy re-design of my band's site,
stemofficial.co.uk

>Its written in PHP, and I would appreciate any comments
on design,