[thelist] Validation on client websites

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 3 13:56:00 CST 2002

> >I have just validated one of many pages for a clients web site I am
> >re-making.  Is it proper to place the W3C/link icon on the web site
> >once it has been validated to be HTML 4.01 compliant?. Or should this
> >only be done if the clients wishes it to be there?

didn't see the original message come through...

anyway, think of it from the client's perspective... they have no idea
what the W3C is (even if you do try to educate them about the
benefits of accessibility and compliance, they forget the name of
the org)...

all the client knows is there's a button on *their* page pointing to
some other site... might as well be a "Download Netscape Now!"
link for all they know...

couple that with the surprise factor ("this wasn't there yesterday"),
and we all know clients don't like surprises, and i think you're
better off leaving it off the site...

ask the client if he/she is interested in this, framing it as
appropriate for the client (you know the audience), and take it from
there...