[thelist] disabled javascript

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Thu Apr 4 10:10:01 CST 2002

Actually, I don't think that the point was against JavaScript form
validation at all.  But, without JavaScript, this form will not submit at
all (the actual submitting is done with JavaScript).  I think that was
Adrian's point.

All your arguments for client-side validation are correct.  Personally, I
believe in using both client- and server-side validation to do the same
thing (client-side to ease server load and server-side for those without
JavaScript and to check things that can only be done server-side like for
duplicate usernames, e-mails, etc.).

--Ben

On 09:57 AM 4/4/2002, David Kutcher said to me:
>Here we are again... back to the argument about whether doing some client
>side validation before sending the info to the server (using javascript) is
>a bad practice.

http://www.imaginuity.com/

                I'm reading your e-mail right now.