[thelist] disabled javascript

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 4 10:37:01 CST 2002

> From: "David Kutcher" <david_kutcher at hotmail.com>
>
> Here we are again... back to the argument about whether doing some
> client side validation before sending the info to the server (using
> javascript) is a bad practice.

no, that's not what i'm talking about...

[...]
> And if you fail to realize this fact, I think it is you that is daft
> and not the companies in question (Microsoft and Unisys being two of
> the larger technology providers in the world).
[...]

re-read the statement in my original post:

[...]
> > the form doesn't work without JS enabled...
[...]

it is daft to:
- assume i meant something i explicitly did not say...
- allow the form to be submitted using *only* JS...
- using the 'button' input type, instead of 'submit', thereby requiring
the JS...

i know yours was a knee-jerk reaction, but it was the wrong one... i
don't give a rat's arse about the validation, just that i couldn't use
the damn form...