[thelist] Reporting a site copy

s t e f notabene at members.evolt.org
Fri Apr 5 00:52:00 CST 2002

Ben and Martin,

As a matter of fact I'm not against copying hacks and bits of code,
especially when people explicitly grant you the right to do so.

What bothers me is the "facial plagiarism", if I may say so.

I'm of course going to look in details into glish.com's and bluerobot.com's
code when I redo my site (when one compares oneself to talent, one has not
much to do but follow). But it so blatantly _looks_ like glish, that's the
problem to me.

I thought that maybe, especially since the guy had no code to type, he
could have been a little more regarding and have a different design, albeit
with the same code. It surprised me all the more than the whole city
stories (http://citystories.com/) network did wonders in design...

Anyway. I was grumpy, I guess ;-)