[thelist] New site - Critique for look/feel/user experience (http://www.hughblair.com/)

Ed McCarroll Ed at ComSimplicity.com
Sun Apr 7 11:22:01 CDT 2002

$0.02 from a newbie, using IE 6.0 on Win2K:

I loved the "style..." concept - I got to pick the one that worked
best for my taste/browser/configuration.  In my case that meant I
got to choose between the one with the best contrast (1) and the
one that made the links most recognizable (3).

As a newbie, I did not catch on immediately to what the styles
were all about; Bob's response clued me.  Changing the label from
"style ..." to "site style:" would help.  And if part of the
idea is to optimize certain styles for certain browsers, you might
want them labeled as such; perhaps in text that only displays on
mouseover.

The lack of underlines in the linked words (registrar, management,
etc.) was confusing.  It seems to me that a domain registration
company would not want to be seen as ignoring such a basic internet
convention.  (This from a guy whose resume site was done with
MS FrontPage...)

Ed McCarroll                          MailTo:Ed at ComSimplicity.com
www.ComSimplicity.com                              (310) 838-4330